Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why Watermelon?

Okay. So after 3 failed attempts at blogging, here I go again! I like to write and I *definitely* like to rant about random things and people are getting pretty used to my verbal means of cribbing now. Besides, I have made a New Year Resolution to NEVER crib. So might as well crib on the blog :P

When I started to think about my blog's name (and I loved my first one... it was called 'Life Via My Keyboard) I thought of having a more mature name this time. I know Watermelon world sounds anything but mature, but here's why it's called what it's called:

1. Watermelon integrates my two most favorite colors in the world. Red and Green.

2. I like the URL :p "enterthewatermelon"

3. (the main reason) I realized how this world is an exact replica of a watermelon. How u ask? It's round to start with. The world is full of people who are all green on the outside, i.e. seem very warm, pretend to be accessible, act all good, call themselves your friends, say that they are always there for you, basically, give u the green signal and allow you into their lives. But if you really think about it, everyone you know has a certain Red area inside them. They are full of anger, disappointment, they are jealous, they have bad intentions, they are manipulative in a certain way and are very inaccessible. They then start giving you the Red signal and cut you out of their life.

Hence like a Watermelon, people are green on the outside but red on the inside.

SO, I got carried away with thought and thought that at least this attempt at blogging can be 'fruit'ful :) So keep coming back here and reading if you want to find out whether I am giving out a green signal or a red one :)

6 comments:

  1. Grrrr you bloody AD student! I L.O.V.E. your URL/Name. I feel jealous. Will you sell the rights to me and think of another name and URL for yourself? :P
    And I L.O.V.E. your 3rd point. Make's so much sense!
    I love the name and URL so much, my mind is itching with a design. I take it upon myself to design your blog. You want me to?

    I don't follow on blogger but I will put you on my blog shelf, obviously! Yayyy. I'm so glad you've started cribbing on a blog now. I'm better at arguing with words than verbally. Be prepared for some heated arguments now! But then again, that's what blogging is for!

    Welcome to the blogging world, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Esha : Yay! But :( No comment on the actual post :O :P

    @Henna : Muhahahahaahah! I TOLD! u and Himani that the name idea alone is enough to keep me motivated to update the blog this time.

    and YES! I need a very sexy watermelonny design... with Watermelon slices or seeds in the background possibly.. Oh please master designer, I need you! :D

    And NO! The blog name/URL is not for sale XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA
    wonderful idea Nihit Bhave!
    This is very pretty and I liked how you summed it up.

    welcome to our VERY AWESOME WORLD!
    muah <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love water melon!!! i want it right now:(
    well its a gud effort n the third one did make a gud point :)

    ReplyDelete